Highlights and Stats from Blue Line Arts' 3rd Saturday Art Walk
Blue Line Arts has seen great success in their first year of hosting their 3rd Saturday Art Walks which ran from June through September of this year. This event went on at the same time as the city's Concerts on the Square, which brought even better turnout for both events. The Downtown Roseville Partnership contributed 25k towards this event.
Here are some metrics and statistics for the event:
- An average of 2,750 attendees per event (with August having the most attendees)
- An average of 30 vendors per event with a focus on artists selling handmade items
- An average of 10 new murals painted per event, with interactive art opportunities and children's activities
- A total of 16 additional musical performances were commissioned in Downtown outside of the Square, not including restaurants
- A total of 16 artists commissioned for visual arts activations
- Social media ad campaign: Total Reach: 19,248 Impressions: 63,358
Surveys were conducted to poll vendors and local businesses about this event. Some of the positive economic impacts indicated by the survey were:
- 100% of the businesses repeated an increase in customers
- Businesses polled reported an average of a 30% increase in sales during the event compared to a normal Saturday.
- 100% of the businesses polled want to see the number of 3rd Saturday events increase in 2022. 65% of them would like to see this event happen year-round.
What surveyed businesses listed as the strengths of this event series:
- "Community. Loved the closed street festival feel."
- "Great advertising and nice turnout."
- "Vernon street closure gives it a very festive feel. It makes Downtown very very different that the typical suburban/mall experience. Newcomers are moving from places with vibrant downtowns so this makes Roseville and the downtown businesses very attractive to them. Live cover bands are THE Roseville entertainment experience so keep that going with top bands."
- "Great community event for families."
- "There was a great crowd of people! From all ages and I loved that. The location was amazing and in a safe and beautiful area. The music, art and activities were also great."
- "Great music & focus on art."
- "I hope this event continues to grow! It would be amazing to see all of Vernon street packed with art and vendors!"